To file a claim for a case in the District of Utah, complete a Proof of Claim form.
Do not include any personal identifiers on the form. In compliance with Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9037 a filing (any document or attachment to a document) made with the Court must not contain certain information, including
- an individual's social security number,
- a taxpayer identification number,
- an individual's birth date,
- the name of a minor, or
- a financial account number.
Such information must be removed or edited. The document shall only contain:
- The last four digits of the social security number and taxpayer-identification number
- The year of the individual's birth
- The minor's initials
- The last four digits of the financial account number
The party filing a document is responsible for redaction. The Clerk's Office does not review documents filed with the court for compliance with this rule
The original claim and any supporting documents are filed with the Clerk's Office. Proof of Claims may be filed electronically with a Limited User - Claim Filer electronic filing account, hand-delivered to the Courthouse, or mailed* to:
United States Bankruptcy Court District of Utah
*If claim filers wish to have a conformed copy; please include an extra copy and a self-addressed stamped envelope.